1. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Group will acquire our customers’ personal information in the following ways when handling transactions of The Group with operating facilities such as wedding, banquet and restaurant facilities, accommodations, leisure facilities, golf courses, etc. (hereafter collectively referred to as “Facilities”) and products (accommodations, banquets, drinking and eating, sale of goods, provision and sale of additional products, provision of services, operation of events, etc.), transactions with business operators associated with The Group and other transactions.
- ① Direct acquisition from the customer
Telephone calls, documents (including electronic records), business cards, verbal communication, Internet, etc.
- ② Acquisition from an entity that received the legitimate right from the customer
Applicants, intermediaries, travel service providers, business associates, operators taking applications for packaged or other products, etc.
- ③ Acquisition from publicly available information
Internet, newspapers, telephone directories, books and other publications, etc.
2. The Purposes of Using Personal Information
The Group will use personal information only to the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes and will not use personal information for any other purpose unless prior consent has been given.
- (1) For transactions related to Facilities and products (accommodations, banquets, drinking and eating, sale of goods, provision and sale of additional products, provision of services, operation of events, etc.), correspondence related to transactions with business operators associated with The Group and other deals, shipping of goods, payment and price calculations, and related matters
- (2) For responding to inquiries, requests, etc. to The Group
- (3) For notifying and sending the customer a letter of notice, advertisement, promotion, survey, or other communication related to the operations of The Group, tenants (restaurants, shops, service desks and other tenants managed by operators other than The Group and operating or residing by legitimate right on land or in buildings owned or managed by The Group) or associated operators by e-mail, postal mail, courier, telephone, facsimile, or other means
- (4) For tracking and analysis of the use of services in order to improve, develop, and market services related to products of The Group, tenants and associated facilities
- (5) For appropriate provision of information on websites, provision of reservation services, security measures, maintenance and management of websites, statistical analysis of use status, and distribution of advertisements by associated third parties concerning cookies, IP addresses, browser types, location information, etc. acquired on The Group’s websites
- (6) For the management and operation of each membership organization of The Group (membership organizations serving Fujita Kanko Group Members Card holders and other member card holders, Wisterian Life club members, Club Fujita members, couples who had wedding ceremonies at Fujita Kanko properties, etc.) as well as for offering services to members and for matters related to offering these services
- (7) For creation, allocation and preservation of guest lists defined by Laws and Regulations
3. Legal Ground For Using Personal Information
The Group bases its legal grounds for using personal information on the consent of the customer, the need to implement the customer’s contract, the need to respond to customer requests before entering into a contract, the need to meet legitimate interests pursued by The Group or by a third party, or the need to observe the legal duties of The Group.
These legitimate interests pursued by The Group or by a third party correspond to the provision of services to customers, the increase of operating profits by marketing and service improvements, etc., and the enhancement of usability and security, etc. at The Group’s websites.
4. Providing and Sharing Personal Information
- (1) The Group will not, except as required by Laws and Regulations, disclose or provide acquired personal information to any third party without the consent of the customer.
- (2) The Group may entrust the handling of personal information to a third party doing work within the scope of the purposes of use, but when entrusting the handling of personal information to any third party, The Group must select an appropriate trustee and provide necessary and appropriate supervision to the trustee.
- (3) The Group will share personal information within The Group to offer enhanced and better services to its customers
- ① Personal Information Items Shared
- (a) Customer basic information (addresses, names, genders, birth dates, nationalities, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, facsimile numbers, mailing addresses, etc.)
- (b) Customer additional information (occupations, employer information [company names, addresses, telephone numbers, departments, positions], wedding anniversaries, family information [names, relations, birth dates], etc.)
- (c) Payment information (credit card numbers, bank account information, billing addresses, etc.)
- (d) Use history of services (use of Facilities, purchase of products, etc.)
- (e) Contents of correspondence (e-mail, form input at websites, facsimiles, phone memos, letters, contents of responses on surveys, etc.)
- (f) Information collected by using security systems (security cameras, card keys, etc.)
- (g) Information automatically collected on The Group’s websites (cookies, IP addresses, browser types, access dates, etc.)
- (h) Items written on the guest list (addresses, names, occupations, nationalities, passport numbers, ages, previous lodgings, next destinations, arrival dates and times, departure dates and times, room names, etc.)
- ② The scope of personal information sharing: Within The Group*
- ③ Purposes of shared use within The Group: Same as 2. above
- ④ Entity in charge of management: Fujita Kanko Inc.
- ① Personal Information Items Shared
5. Transfer of Personal Information to Third Country
The Group will transfer personal information acquired abroad to Japan to implement the contract with the customer or respond to the customer’s request before entering into a contract.
The Group uses appropriate measures to ensure security and confidentiality when handling the customer’s personal information.
6. Period for Which the Personal Date will be Stored
The Group will store personal information only within the period necessary to achieve the said purpose, then securely eliminate or anonymize the information within a reasonable period.
7. Access to Personal Information, Rectification or Erasure of Personal Information, Demand for Limitation of Use of Personal Information, Objection to Use of Personal Information, and Data Portability
The customer possesses the following rights as defined by Laws and Regulations. The customer may exercise these rights by contacting the service desk of The Group that handles personal information. If the customer exercises these rights, The Group will faithfully respond to the customer after identification procedures except in cases deemed exceptional by Laws and Regulations.
- (1) The right to access personal information
The customer has the right to confirm if his or her personal information has been used and to check that information, as well as added information, if it has been used.
- (2) The right to rectify personal information
The customer has the right to rectify his or her personal information if it is inaccurate.
- (3) The right to erase personal information
The customer has the right to erase his or her personal information in certain cases.
- (4) The right to limit the use of personal information
Right to have the use of the customer’s personal information limited in certain cases.
- (5) The right to object to the use of personal information
The customer has the right to object to the use of his or her personal information by The Group and third parties.
- (6) Right to data portability
The customer has the right to receive personal data from The Group in a commonly used and machine-readable format and provide it to other operators without resistance from The Group.
8. Withdrawal of Consent
The customer may withdraw his or her consent to use personal information at any time.
The withdraw of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
The customer may withdraw his or her consent by contacting the service desk of The Group that handles personal information.
9. Lodging a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
The customer may lodge a complaint concerning The Group’s handling of personal information to a supervisory authority in a country, region or international organization according to Laws and Regulations.
10. Personal Information that Requires Acquisition for Transactions Related to The Group’s Facilities and Products
The Group needs the following information for transactions related to The Group’s Facilities and products.
If this information is not provided, The Group may not be able to conduct transactions related to Facilities and products.
- (1) Basic customer information (addresses, names, genders, birth dates, nationalities, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, facsimile numbers, mailing addresses, etc.)
- (2) Items written on the guest list (addresses, names, occupations, nationalities, passport numbers, ages, previous lodgings, next destinations, arrival dates and times, departure dates and times, room names, etc.)
11. Existence of Automated Decision-making, Including Profiling
The Group will not make decisions solely based on automated operations like profiling of personal information.
12. About Privacy Inquiries
In order to respond to customer inquiries related to personal information possessed by The Group, The Group has created a dedicated service desk and will respond to inquiries in a straightforward and reasonable way to the extent necessary.
For all requests related to disclosure, corrections, and suspension of use of personal information, other questions related to personal information use, or other feedback, please contact the service desk below. It should be noted that there might be fixed fees associated with disclosure or other requests.
＜For Inquiries Related to Personal Information＞
2-10-8 Sekiguchi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan 112-8664
General Affairs Department Fujita Kanko Inc.
TEL : 03-5981-7700 FAX: 03-5981-7730
(Service hours: 9:00-17:30 Japan Standard Time on weekdays only)
13. About Safe Management of Personal Information
- (1) The Group endeavors to maintain accurate and updated personal information to the extent necessary for the purposes of use and implements the appropriate security measures in recognition of the risks of leakage, loss, or damage of personal information.
- (2) The Group works to make improvements and updates from time to time in order to maintain the internal system for the protection of personal information.
Revised on Thursday, June 21, 2018
Fujita Kanko Inc.
FUJITA GREEN SERVICE INC., Fujita Kanko Kouei Inc., FUJITA PROPERTY MANAGEMENT INC., FUJITA RESORT DEVELOPMENT Co., Ltd., FUJITA KANKO WASHINGTON HOTEL ASAHIKAWA KABUSIKI KAISYA, FAIRTON CORPORATION, WHG NISHINIHON INC., RESERVATION SERVICE INC., URAWA WASHINGTON HOTEL INC., ITO RESORT SERVICE INC., SAPPORO WASHINGTON HOTEL INC., SIMODA AQUA SERVICE INC., WHG KANSAI INC., WHG SERVICE INC., FUKUI WASHINGTON HOTEL INC., Visualife Co., Ltd., TAIKO-EN INC., SHARE CLAPPING INC., SHARE CLAPPING FUKUOKA INC. Outdoor Design & Works INC. Fujita Serendipity INC. WHG HOTEL TAVINOS INC.